[U-Boot-Users] Field upgrade

Chris Simmonds chris at 2net.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 15:39:19 CET 2003

Hi,

One of my requirements is that the firmware be field upgradeable. The
problem at the moment is that if something goes wrong while erasing and
programming a new u-boot there is no recovery without a jtag/bdm
debugger. Does anyone have a solution, or is it not a problem in
practice? I was playing with the idea of having a backup u-boot and some
method of falling back to it if the primary copy is corrupt.

Chris.

--
Chris Simmonds                        2net Limited
chris at 2net.co.uk                      http://www.2net.co.uk/