[U-Boot-Users] Field upgrade

Callebaut, Benoit benoit.callebaut at barco.com
Tue Dec 2 17:10:05 CET 2003

Hi,
We use a fail back mecanism for Linux but no such mechanism fo u-boot.
During the upgrade, we do also a CRC check to be sure that the updgrade was
done correctly.
And with a flag written in a custom config sector of the flash, we can tell
to ppcboot if the upgraded kernel was running correctly.
But for our safety we won't never upgrade ppcboot.