[U-Boot-Users] Field upgrade

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 2 23:01:38 CET 2003

In message <3FCD0356.30502 at corelatus.com> you wrote:
> Sure there is a sw solution! We have been using it for
> 2 years now. Check out board "gth".
>
> We use a pre loader called miniboot, which boots the first
> image with correct crc it finds in flash.

You are just shifting the  problem  to  a  diferent  level,  actually
adding MORE complexity.

Just one question: How do you reliably field upgrade  the  "miniboot"
image running on your board?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
All he had was nothing, but that was something, and now it  had  been
taken away.                             - Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_