[U-Boot-Users] PCI at 66 MHz on MPC5200 - u-boot 1.0.0

David MAZUR dmazur180 at dpeurope.be
Wed Dec 3 17:03:27 CET 2003

Hello,

I am running u-boot 1.0.0 on the Motorola Lite5200 (MPC5200) evaluation
board   successfully for some time.
However, I am currently experimenting with the PCI controller on the MPC5200
and I am running into some problems.

U-boot is initially configured to always run the PCI bus at 33 MHz when
the IPB bus is clocked at 133 MHz or 66 MHz.
I changed the initial value of the MPC5XXX_CDM_CFG register in u-boot so
that the last two bits are set to 01 (pci_clk = ipb_clk/2) when the IPB is
set to 133MHz, and to 00 (pci_clk = ipb_clk) when the IPB is set to 66MHz.
In both cases u-boot doesn't boot up anymore after this change. I am still
invistigating where exactly it hangs.

Has anybody been successful at clocking the PCI bus of the MPC5200 at 66
MHz ? According to the specs, it should be able to handle it.

Best Regards,
David Mazur