[U-Boot-Users] PCI at 66 MHz on MPC5200 - u-boot 1.0.0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 3 16:20:06 CET 2003

Dear David,

in message <24296.217.136.171.4.1070467407.squirrel at webmail.dpeurope.be> you wrote:

> Has anybody been successful at clocking the PCI bus of the MPC5200 at 66
> MHz ? According to the specs, it should be able to handle it.

Should, but obviously isn't.

There are other problems with  running  IPB  at  132  MHz  (like  I2C
accesses  to  EEPROM  not working any more - which cannot be fixed in
software, btw.)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The typical page layout program is nothing more  than  an  electronic
light table for cutting and pasting documents.