[U-Boot-Users] Re: MPC5200 build

Victor Wren vwren at timension.com
Fri Dec 5 00:09:42 CET 2003

> You have all the PPC executables when you install the ELDK :-)
> Also you can download a ready-to-run image from our FTP server: see
> ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/images/ppc_82xx/

D'oh!  That works!  I've got it booting BusyBox.  What threw me is I was
searching all over the ELDK tree for anything that looked like "initrd."
Once I knew what to look for, I also found another possible in the Metrowerks
BSP tree.  Didn't think to look for ramdisk.  Next stop:  IDE.  It LOOKS like
there is support for the internal IDE in the kernel config (MGT 5xxx?)...

I just want to thank you effusively for the vast amount of work you have
saved me, especially considering that, as a programmer, I'm a total hack.  I
was wondering, can the other development trees under the ELDK install
directory be safely deleted?  I only need ppc_82xx-

Victor Wren

Victor Wren
Designer,
Timension Inc.
1350 C Pear Ave
Mountain View CA 94043
(650) 564-9397
Fax: (650) 564-9398
Opinions stated in this letter are not necessarily
those of Timension Inc. or the management.  All
Rights Reserved.  No spitting.