[U-Boot-Users] u-boot & linux kernel help on mpc860

Steve Gray steve.gray at westell.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 12:20:45 CET 2003

Hi wofgang
Just a note to say that my kernel is not hanging anymore.
The problem i belive was down to the u-boot IMMR config and the TQM860L immr
value.

As I mentioned before i am using some custom hardware.
In the linux source there is a configuraiton for the platform.
How can this be expanded to allow custom hardware do you have any idea ?
Editing say for example tqm8xx.h for custom hardware seems undesirable.

Now i just have to get the PHY configured and a root FS. :)

thanks again
Steve gray

This depends on the actual hardware. Parameters like IP address,
flash base address or baudrate are passed via info structure to
Linux, basically what is listed with "=> bdinfo". Serial ports
and ethernet configuration is defined via Linux kernel parameters
(make config).

Wolfgang.