[U-Boot-Users] Linux port for MPC855T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 10 21:22:23 CET 2003

In message <0E8A20F2EB7BD7119C1F00508BB333780E5CEA at tmservermail02.t-modus.nec.co.uk> you wrote:

> I have newly subscribed to this mailing list.  I notice that neither the
> ppcboot nor the uboot lists are presently archived on Sourceforge, so I

Nonsense. Of course there are archives. Just look under "Lists".

> cannot see how active the lists are.  I wish to discuss Linux BSPs for
> MPC855T.  Is the uboot list appropriate for such discussion?

No. U-Boot-Users is - as the name suggests - for  discussion  of  the
U-Boot boot loader.

> - Should such setup be already available in an open source Linux MPC860
> BSP?

No. Linux does not care about  hardware  setup.  It  expects  just  a
sufficient amount of working memory. The initialization of the memory
is a job for a boot loader.

> - Should I try to make use of our existing BSP?

Ye, of course, as this will save you effort and frustration.

> - Is it reasonable for the supplier to quote for BSP development or
> should they be using open source code?

2 x yes.

> LRQA Certificate of Approval reference 0965133
> THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVATE AND/OR PROPRIETARY.

Please send your next posting without such a silly trailer.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Bus error -- driver executed.