[U-Boot-Users] u-boot & linux kernel help on mpc860

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 10 21:24:46 CET 2003

Dear Steve,

in message <2E6FE17ED9336449B70E4AC6C5CF50020591E6 at TBSMAIL> you wrote:

> Just a note to say that my kernel is not hanging anymore.

Congratulations.

> The problem i belive was down to the u-boot IMMR config and the TQM860L immr
> value.

I think this is mentioned in the FAQ section, too.

> As I mentioned before i am using some custom hardware.
> In the linux source there is a configuraiton for the platform.
> How can this be expanded to allow custom hardware do you have any idea ?
> Editing say for example tqm8xx.h for custom hardware seems undesirable.

Add your own board support definitions and files.

> Now i just have to get the PHY configured and a root FS. :)

The root FS is simple: install/use the ELDK.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Most people would like to be delivered  from  temptation  but  would
like it to keep in touch."                             - Robert Orben