[U-Boot-Users] Linux port for MPC855T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 10 21:31:11 CET 2003

In message <2E6FE17ED9336449B70E4AC6C5CF50020591E7 at TBSMAIL> you wrote:

> the word BSP i think may be confusing in linux terminology. BSP i think is a

No, BSP os actually pretty well defined and is not restricted  to  or
invented by WRS.

> distorted somewhat. IMHO BSP should stick with vxWorks and bootloader should
> be used in the linux field.

No, boot loader and BSP are different entities.

> The idea of the bootloader "BSP" is to bring sufficent hardware drivers up

There is no such thing as a bootloader  "BSP",  except  you  want  to
split up U-Boot in parts.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
[Braddock:] Mr. Churchill, you are drunk.
[Churchill:] And you madam, are ugly.  But I shall be sober tomorrow.