[U-Boot-Users] CFG_CMD_.... configuration space running out!!

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Thu Dec 18 00:08:15 CET 2003

Greetings

The number of commands being added to U-Boot seems in danger of
overflowing the selection mechanism. Are there any plans to expand the
process to more than 64 bits/commands that are agregated into
CONFIG_COMMANDS or should there be individual defines to turn commands
on/off.

The reason I ask is that I've just implemented a bash style 'test'
command so I can check the values of memory locations with conditional
code during boot and I note there are only 2 bits left!!

Note:
test syntax as per binary integer comparisons with the option of a unary
indirection operator on either expression.
eg. 'test *40000 -eq 12345678'
checks location 40000 for the value 12345678. I've only implemented 32
bit word indirection - does anyone think it useful to provide half-word
and byte as well - in which case what should the syntax look like?

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer          Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand