[U-Boot-Users] Is hardware handshake necessary for SMC1?

SAM SONG samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Dec 21 19:43:37 CET 2003

Hi,you all,

After successfully porting on LITE_DW,I tried my best to make my design board work.But no good serial output by now.At first,there were some characters displayed on the screen in a state disorder with help of BDI2000 and GDB.I,HOWEVER,cannot see them after making some changes on hardware and software.For no CPLD on my board,there is no hardware handshake circuit.Does it matter?

My MPC8xx connects the RS232 transcerer chip as following:
1.SMC1

MPC823E                             MAX3225
PB24-SMC1TXD    --------------     T1IN
PB25-SMC1RXD   --------------      R1OUT
PB22-EN              -------------       FOFF

Related code in serial.c:

2.SCC3

MPC823E                                MAX3225
PB24-SCC3TXD3   --------------        T1IN
PB25-SCC3RXD3   --------------        R1OUT
PC13-RTS3           --------------        T2IN
PB23-CTS             --------------        R2OUT