[U-Boot-Users] Porting problem on crc32.c

SAM SONG samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Dec 21 20:05:39 CET 2003

Hi,you all,

When porting on my custom board,u-boot hanged at crc32.c:165 as following:

(gdb) s
crc32 (crc=0, buf=0xfff80004 '' <repeats 200 times>..., len=524284) at crc32.c:162
/ppcboot/u-boot-1.0.0-scc3/lib_generic/crc32.c:162:7122:beg:0xfff0440c
(gdb) s
^c

Program received signal SIGSTOP, Stopped (signal).
0x00001000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

For the sake of my special FLASH and board configuration(Hard reset interrupt prefix:0xfff and 4xE28F128J3A--4x8 bit mode),I let CFG_FLASH_BASE=0xFC000000
CFG_ENV_OFFSET=0x3F80000
CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE=0x80000.

Meanwhile,I changed uInt len to uLong len for my big ENV sector in lib_generic/crc32.c code accordingly.But still hanged forever.Not to mention serial output.

153 uLong ZEXPORT crc32(crc, buf, len)
154     uLong crc;
155     const Bytef *buf;
156     uLong len;
157 {
158 #ifdef DYNAMIC_CRC_TABLE
159     if (crc_table_empty)
160       make_crc_table();
161 #endif
162     crc = crc ^ 0xffffffffL;
163     while (len >= 8)
164     {
165       DO8(buf);
166       len -= 8;
167     }
168     if (len) do {
169       DO1(buf);
170     } while (--len);
171     return crc ^ 0xffffffffL;
172 }

What's wrong with that?By the way,is there anything special for having u-boot code at 0xFFF00000?Any help would be appreciated.I have trapped in porting my board nearly one month!

Best regards,

SAM

http://mail.yahoo.com