[U-Boot-Users] Boot loader for blackfin processor

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 24 11:03:59 CET 2003

Dear Ganapathi,

in message <008701c3c9e6$32d49700$af00a8c0 at tidelpark.isofttechindia.com> you wrote:

>     I am planning to write a boot loader for the blackfin (ADSP-BF535)
> processor. i am planning to use the U-boot framework for that. i gone

You are welcome.

> through the README file. i didnt get clear idea. Can u give me some

Read the sources, then, and the DULG at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual

> brief note. i am planning to have the boot loader in to Flash(272K x 16)
> and i am going to implement the netboot also. so i need to have network
> support driver and application. and console.

All this is there in U-Boot.

> can anyone give step by step procedure.

See section "U-Boot Porting Guide" in the README

> can u help me how to start . where to start. if u have any more
> documents or any referrence related to bootloaders.

Search google for "bootloader" ;-)

> ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01C3CA12.594F30D0

> <HTML><HEAD>

And PLEASE: don't post HTML messages.

Send plain text only.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Microsoft Multitasking:
                     several applications can crash at the same time.