[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am a new

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Dec 24 19:55:36 CET 2003

Welcome...

Read the DULG manual (ignore the 8xx references, most of it applies to any target)
  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual

* Cygwin is a painful way to build u-boot.  You are much better off using linux.  People have worked at supporting building u-boot under cygwin, but it is not a well supported option and I'm not sure if it even works.

* Yes, you need an ARM cross compiler before you will get anywhere.

* Everything you need except the OS is available from the www.denx.de web site.  Your best approach is to set up an environment that closely mimics Wolfgang's, which means using ELDK (provides your cross compilers).  Supported operating systems (note Cygwin is not listed):
  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKSupportedHostSystems

* If your environment is set up correctly and all the proper support software is loaded and running, you won't have to worry about what is in arm_config.mk.  Chasing changes in the makefiles is going to eat up much more time than setting up a compatible environment.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.