[U-Boot-Users] OMAP1510 Innovator kit booting questions

Grigory A. Ryhor at tut.by
Sat Dec 27 02:06:15 CET 2003

Hi!

I am using U-Boot 1.0 on my OMAP 1510 Innovator kit.
Could someone give me answer on my 2 questions?

1. My platform is ARM9 and I am using separate Linux kernel and
   RAMdisk images.  I am booting from RAW flash. In file ./lib_arm/armlinux.c
   there is function do_bootm_linux() that works with initrd.
   But at least for separate images initrd is not copied anywhere.
   Why? And this means that for any ARM platform initrd won't be copied
   if user will use separate images?

So I solved this by putting memory copying call - and it now is working well.

2. Next - I am using autoboot mode with 3-5 seconds of bootdelay.
   But 1 u-boot seconds is approximately 15-20 of real seconds.
   Yes - this is board specific - maybe some clock setup missed - (by me?) or PLL settings - so could
   someone help me with it?

Only that I have changed - I've switched to use UART2 for serial communication -
it is working well - I don't think that it has got any influence to board speed.

Thanks for answers.

 Grigory                          mailto:Ryhor at tut.by