[U-Boot-Users] Testing a cross compiler for a mpc8540 cpu

Matthew S. McClintock mattsm at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 30 20:26:10 CET 2003

That seems like a good idea. My output is the following:

u-boot: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1
(SYSV), statically linked, not stripped

However what I am worried about is the fact that I am using an e500
processor. I am told there are subtle differences, however I am not
entirely sure how. However the file command makes no mention or not if
this is compiled for an e500 processor. I have little doubt that my
compiler makes code for a PowerPC processor. I guess my question should
have been how can I verify if my cross compiler produces code for an
e500 processor code?

Thanks,
Matthew