[U-Boot-Users] gdb with u-boot: can not locate the source files

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 6 20:04:06 CET 2003

In message <6728517EECE7D511981B00D0B7829031035BD177 at az33exm27.corp.mot.com> you wrote:

> $>cross-gdb u-boot

Where did you get this binary from? Built it yourself?

> My question is that it seems the u-boot image does not contain information for source file location, so I could not do source-level debug here.

I don;t think so, and I can use source level debugging just fine with
ELDK's 5.1.1 GDB.

> i'm using gdb 5.2.1, ddd 3.3.1.

Maybe your version of GDB is broken / not compatible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Real programmers can write assembly code in any language.   :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <8571 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>