[U-Boot-Users] Offset beginning of flash image?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 17 22:35:38 CET 2003

In message <3E2873F9.5050107 at jpl.nasa.gov> you wrote:
> I am trying to load two boot loaders on to the flash at once. We want to
> put the vxworks bootloader first, then jump to the beginning of the
> ppcboot loader at a higher address in the flash when we need to. What

This will not work. PPCBoot  /  U-Boot  expect  to  find  a  "virgin"
system, i. e. to be started from the reset entry point.

I don't say it can't be done, but you have to understand exactly  how
the  initialization sequence works, and what already has been done by
your other boot loader.

I recommend to use just U-Boot,  and  dump  the  VxWorks  bootloader.
U-Boot can boot VxWorks fine, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Consultants are mystical people who ask a company for  a  number  and
then give it back to them.