[U-Boot-Users] Download of kernel Image through Serial Line.

Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com Christophe.LINDHEIMER at fr.thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 29 10:38:13 CET 2003

Hi.

Just a beginner with U-Boot.

In my new project we are trying to use Linux and U-Boot.

The main problem I have is that I don't have any ethernet link on this card.

- Is it possible to configure U-Boot to make a download of the image using
the serial line ? ( tftp over serial line or something like that )

- If it is not possible would it be a big work ?

- If I eventually manage to launch Linux, is it possible to have NFS over
serial line ?

- What are the minima requests in terms of memory to run Linux ?
- Minimum Ram Size
- Minimum Flash Size if I don't use NFS ( full embeded application )

Thanks.

Chris