[U-Boot-Users] autoboot in U-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 18 11:14:51 CEST 2003

In message <1058512975.1188.79.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

> Can someone help me on this autoboot? I successfully configured the
> u-boot-0.4.0 for mpc857 custom board but somehow the bootcommand and
> boot arg would not run, it just skip the autoboot and goes to prompt. so
> help!!!
> So i don't understand... where did the autoboot go??

I asked you thefollowing questions in my reply to your semi-identical
posting to linuxppc-embedded:

What do you get when you run the "printenv" command?

Why do you reserve 512 kB for  U-Boot?  U-Boot  is  needs  much  less
memory!

Where are your environment variables stored? In flash? Embedded with
the U-Boot image or separate?

Please answer these questions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
People seldom know what they want until you give them what  they  ask
for.