[U-Boot-Users] Re: u-boot for MPC8266-PCI board

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Sun Jul 27 13:21:26 CEST 2003

Due to a problem in my mail system junk message may have been sent
before this one. Just ignore it and excuse me, please.

    Thomas> Hi all,

    Thomas> I'm trying to run u-boot on our MPC8266-PCI board. I'm using
    Thomas> the latest CVS tree 0.4.5 from sourceforge. I found
    Thomas> MPC8260ADS.h and MPC8266ADS.h in the configs
    Thomas> directory. Trying the MPC8266ADS configuration and starting
    Thomas> it ends with no console output at all. Trying the MPC8260ADS
    Thomas> configuration with CONFIG_ADSTYPE=CFG_8266ADS ends with a
    Thomas> bus fault after some console outputs (see below). What am I
    Thomas> doing wrong?

CFG_8266ADS flavour of MPC8260ADS port was not tested (as mentioned in
README) because I haven't got a board, but due to similarity in boards
architecture you may be able to run it with minor changes. First of all,
MPC8266-PCI hasn't got Local bus SDRAM so undefine CFG_LSDRAM_BASE in
MPC8260ADS.h. After this the board may boot. Another problem is flash
support. MPC8266-PCI uses different flash so you will have to clone
flash support from other boards supporting AMD flashes. All other boards
of MPC260ADS family use Sharp flashes which are supported. If the
current code boots, you'll have no support for writing to flash. PCI
bridge in target mode is not supported by current ports
AFAIK. MPC8260ADS port does not support PCI at all.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel