[U-Boot-Users] ARP Retries

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 5 16:21:06 CEST 2003

In message <20030605133901.91671.qmail at web40402.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am observig this on u-boot 0.3.0 I have a the
> following setup
>
> MPC8245 based board with Intel 82559ER ethernet
> controller.
>
> I am using the "tftpload" command to load a file from
> the tftpserver. But if I type a wrong filename its
> reports a TFTP_ERROR as "File not Found".
>
> And for the very next "tftpload" command with a
> correct file name it make ARP broadcast and loads the
> file only after the 5 th retry.

Do you have CONFIG_NET_MULTI defined in your board config file?
If yes, disable it, and try again.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
There comes to all races an ultimate crisis which  you  have  yet  to
face  ....  One  day  our  minds became so powerful we dared think of
ourselves as gods.
	-- Sargon, "Return to Tomorrow", stardate 4768.3