[U-Boot-Users] bootp/dhcp

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Jun 11 22:02:51 CEST 2003

Works fine, just do it.

The point previous answers was trying to make is that, if you _want_ to do
something different, you will have to control the DHCP server.  Since you
don't want to do anything different, you don't have to do anything but boot.

gvb

At 09:20 PM 6/11/2003 -0400, kshitij at ti.com wrote:
>hi,
>         but the idea is to get a dynamic ip address, why do we need to
>change the DHCP server settings to give a special DHCP response to our
>machine.  I have seen this happening with the linux kernel.  The kernel also
>requests for a ip address using DHCP and then uses that ip address.
>Since an ideal way for a bootup is that I connect my device to the network,
>get and dynamic ip address and download the kernel from a remote machine.
>
>This might be paranoid but is it possible with u-boot currently...???
>regards
>-kshitij

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
may be legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. This e-mail and its files are intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and their content
is the property of Smiths Aerospace.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the e-mail
administrator at postmaster at smiths-aerospace.com and then delete this
e-mail, its files and any copies.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of known computer viruses.

Smiths addresses are changing!  The new addresses are of the form
firstname.lastname at smiths-aerospace.com.  Please update your address
books!  Please begin using the new form immediately.