[U-Boot-Users] flash memory access

Paul McAvoy paulmcav at queda.net
Sat Mar 1 20:42:47 CET 2003

Hi, I am having difficulties figuring out what is going on with my board
setup.

I am able to read flash memory, set the write-protect on it okay, but when I
try to erase, or write flash memory, the system hangs.

I run the command:

> Saving Environment to Flash...
> int> Protect off 25080000 ... 2509FFFF
> Un-Protected 1 sectors
> Erasing Flash...Erasing sector 135/135 ... a

(with some of my debug code in there)

Flash memory starts for me at: 0x24000000
I have an Atmel chip, 32Megbyts, 256 * 128K sectors.

Reading through the manuals for the board, and the flash chip, I am unable to
find any relevant docs when it comes to erasing / writing issues.

Anyone have any comments which might help me out in this situation?

Thanks!

- Paul
--
PGP key		- http://queda.net/paulmcav-gpg.txt