[U-Boot-Users] flash memory access

Reinhard Meyer r.meyer at emk-elektronik.de
Sun Mar 2 20:38:07 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul McAvoy" <paulmcav at queda.net>
To: <u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [U-Boot-Users] flash memory access

> I'm sorry.  I am confused here.

THAT seems obvious ;)

> When I boot the board, I am told by the ROM boot monitor (as well as specs
for
> the board) that there is 32MBytes of flash memory.

Really BYTES or is that BITS??

> I am really sorry about this confusion.  It is entirely my fault!  After
> realizing my mistake, I took another look at the board, and found the
actual
> flash chip with 32Megs available.  It is a Sharp LHF32K01.

THAT Chip has 32 MegaBITS, aka 4 MegaBYTES

So you either have EIGHT of them on that board, or you are still confused

> This is my first foray into working with non x86 hardware.  All my
previous
> experience with hardware has been in a non-programming role as well.  I am
> also working on this project solo.   So I apologize for sending out
confusing
> messages.   Feel free to just respond with 'you are a donkeys rear' in the
> future if necessary.

In THAT case I would familiarize myself thoroughly with non x86 Hardware
(which IMHO is more straightforward than x86 hardware anyway) and with
programming hardware in general.