[U-Boot-Users] Boot the kernel from a JFFS2 filesystem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 4 22:25:43 CET 2003

In message <1046801107.1192.34.camel at pla> you wrote:

> Is there a similar method if I use Compact Flash and a more generic

Yes, of course. You did read the DPLG?

It shows in detail how to use the "diskboot" command to load an image
from a partition on any IDE device  (harddisk,  CompactFlash,  memory
Stick,  ...).  You  can  then  use  "bootm"  to boot it - except that
"diskboot" knows and  pays  regard  to  the  "autostart"  environment
variable.

Please read the docs.

> filesystem like ext2, ext3 or  Reiserfs

No. Not unless you implement some filesystem code (but then please do
it as a standalone program, something like a second  stage  bootstrap
loader;  I don't like the way how the JFFS2 code is egrafted onto the
other U-Boot code - it breakds the design philosophy).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Little known fact about Middle Earth:   The Hobbits had a very sophi-
sticated computer network!   It was a Tolkien Ring...