[U-Boot-Users] I2C Initialization

Adam Bezanson bezanson at attbi.com
Wed Mar 5 14:05:45 CET 2003

I don't have the ability to control the I2C lines directly from the
processor. I'm using a 7410. I have a System controller chip which
has the I2C master controller in it. All it provides is a higher lever
indirect access register interface to control I2C transactions.

I have though about controlling the power supply to the I2C slaves
and have them controled by register bits in memory space. But this
would require alot of rework of the hardware at several places in my
particular system.

In terms of your question of the system hanging while masking reset to the
processor, I was thinking of adding a timer in hardware to unmask the reset
if it's set too long. Thanks for making sure I've thought of all the
obvious corner cases.

Regards,
Adam