[U-Boot-Users] I2C Initialization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 6 09:01:48 CET 2003

In message <20030306062129.GT16290 at pengutronix.de> Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:12:06PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Please call it "i2c_init_board()" (similar to pci_init_board()"), and
> > call it from i2c_init().
>
> I've renamed it. It's not easily possible to put it in i2c_init() as
> this is implemented in cpu/xxx/i2c.c. Calling the function is cpu
> independend, so it should be done from a higher level. For ppc I've put

I don't understand the problem. i2c_init() is the first I2C related function that will be called on any system.

It is implemented in common/soft_i2c.c for the itbanging version  and
in cpu/??/i2c.c and cpu/mpc824x/drivers/i2c/i2c1.c for the others.

What prevents you from adding it there?

I don't want to add even more code to the init functions part.  Let's
keep the stuff as local as possible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
No question is too silly to ask. Of course, some  questions  are  too
silly to to answer...  - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_