[U-Boot-Users] I2C Initialization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 6 10:24:41 CET 2003

In message <20030306084006.GZ16290 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> Do we agree that i2c_init_board() has to be called right before (or at
> the beginning of) i2c_init()? So we have the choice to either add the

At the beginning of i2c_init().

> call to all 12 cpu implementations or only once in the place right
> before i2c_init() is called. Why make it cpu dependend when it is not?

I don't think this means it's CPU dependend.

Assume we need 5 more init routines for the I2C code. It makes  sense
to  put  all  this in the i2c_init() code. It makes no sense to me to
put all this in the board.c file - we have only one  I2C  sub-system,
so there should be only one init function call for it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when  dealing  with  computing
systems is a symptom of professional immaturity.   -- Edsger Dijkstra