[U-Boot-Users] Scripting in ppcboot 1.1.5

Ole Andreas Torvmark ole.torvmark at radionor.no
Fri Mar 7 11:09:23 CET 2003

Hi !

I'm trying to write a script that check which image our system shall use
this is based on last known good configuration.

My question is :

How do i send the output of a command like md into a variable ?

I tried to use the normal shell script way :

=> A=`version`
=> echo $A
`version`
=>

It didn't work out like I had planned :)

I want to do this because the system will write to an address in flash
to tell ppcboot that the image was OK last time it was used.

Is this an easy task for ppcboot's hush shell or is it better
to write a c program and use that in ppcboot instead ?

best regards

Ole Andreas Torvmark
R & D Engineer
Radionor Communications