[U-Boot-Users] Scripting in ppcboot 1.1.5

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 7 12:12:48 CET 2003

In message <A1DD009E87CDD2119E940008C7334DA402249F84 at ns.radstone.co.uk> you wrote:
> As I have been finding out, the hush shell in PPCBoot is severely
> limited.

Please don;t forget that we're running  a  boot  loader,  witout  any
concept   of   tasks,   processes   or  jobs.  Of  course  there  are
limitations...

> It doesn't have support for shell variables (and many other things too,
> much

... but this is NOT one of them. Of course there are shell variables.

> environment variable, but I think you'll have more luck writing a c
> program
> (see examples/hello_world.c for an example of a c program that uses
> PPCBoot
> monitor functions for I/O)

But this will not help to catch the output of any other command. It's
not that easy, or we probably would have implemented it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Bureaucracy is the enemy of innovation."
       - Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments