[U-Boot-Users] port new board to u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 9 23:17:11 CET 2003

Dear Alexandors,

in message <002201c2e684$4ee6df20$82be673e at alex> you wrote:

> I want to port u-boot on my company new board and
> I would like to tell me what board from all that on the
> ported list is closer to my hardware so I can use it for
> reference.

You have to check this yourself.

> My board's specs are :
> 1)  CPU is MPC860P or  MPC860SAR
> 2)  Boot flash on chip select 0 is Am29f040
> 3)  Main flash on chip select 1 is a CFI compatible 16MB
> 4)  Main Ram is an SDRAM chip
> 5)  Has an ethernet port on SCC1
> 6)  Has a uart port on SMC1

As I already told you in my reply  to  your  newsgroup  posting  this
"specification" is far too unprecise to give any helpful reply.

How are your flashes attached? Is is a 8, 16, or 32 bit wide bus? How
are the flash chips configured - 8 or 16 bit mode?  Which  chip  type
exatly is your "CFI compatible 16MB" main flash? Which chip types are
used for the RAM? What is the bus width? What are your system clocks?
etc. etc.

You have to check your configuration against the existing  stuff  and
use  the  mathing  parts  - you will probably not find one board that
matches exactly your configuration (the use of different flash  chips
for "boot" and "main" flash will not make the job easier for you).

> ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C2E695.11DB5E60

And please, do NOT post HTML to the list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The Wright Bothers weren't the first to fly. They were just the first
not to crash.