[U-Boot-Users] PXA250 ramdisk in flash

Neil Campbell neilc at ecs-tech.com
Tue Mar 18 15:25:08 CET 2003

Hi,

I have a lubbock(dbpxa250) board which I'd like to boot from flash. I've
burned the kernel image and ramdisk image into flash and try to boot
as follows:

  => setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram0 console=ttyS0,115200
  => bootm 280000 500000

both images are verified ok and kernel starts but eventually falls over
when trying to mount root fs.

  Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram0 console=ttys0,115200
  RAMDISK driver initialised:

I found the setup_initrd_tag and setup_ramdisk_tag functions which pass
the ramdisk info to the kernel but the latter of these if commented out with
a #ifdef 0. Just wondered if anyone has u-boot running ok with flashed ramdisk
on the lubbock board? Or am I doing something wrong in the above steps?

 Thanks,

   Neil