[U-Boot-Users] armlinux.c patch for ramdisk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 18 23:26:42 CET 2003

In message <E18vMu3-0008Ff-00 at hall.mail.mindspring.net> you wrote:

> Please find attached a patch for fixing the problem of mounting a ramdisk.
> This version differs slightly from the PPC do_bootm_linux() as it uses the
> load address from the image to relocate the ramdisk in memory.

Maybe I should be a bit more explicit.

I feel it is unnecessary to copy the ramdisk image to RAM first;  the
kernel  should  be  able  to pick it up directly from flash - this is
what we do on the SMDK2400 and TRAB boards, and it  helps  to  reduce
boot time, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I have a very small mind and must live with it.    -- Edsger Dijkstra