[U-Boot-Users] [RFD] Consistent debugging output structure

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sat Mar 22 11:28:47 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 07:32:07PM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> I would like to discuss the current state of the u-boot debug output
> code. Nearly every C file in the source tree implements it's own way
> of outputting debug messages during development, and most of them do
> it by using Yet Another #ifdef Desert (TM).

I've already discussed that with Wolfgang (no idea why the mail needed
several days to hit the list) and he wants to use the debug() macro
instead, which is ok for me.

What we don't agree on is if we need several debug levels. What do the
others think? For more complex drivers like the ethernet ones this is
really useful.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4