[U-Boot-Users] [RFD] Consistent debugging output structure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 24 09:57:22 CET 2003

In message <20030324083612.GB28544 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> Ack. U-Boot has reached a size where it is simply impossible for one or
> two maintainers to make sure that _all_ ports remain working while

This is not a querstion of size, but primarily of available hardware.

But the effect is the same, of course.

> what fails, which has to be ported up. Then speed up the release cycle
> so that people at least don't have to rely on CVS versions but on
> "unstable" releases.

What's the difference? It's  just  a  change  of  name.  Each  tagged
version in the CVS represents an "unstable" release.

> I don't say that all that quality inspection is wrong, but otherwhise
> the code will never been cleaned up. And I suppose we are in an unstable
> release cycle!

It is unstable for some boards / architectures only.  My  idea  of  a
development  tree  is  that  I  try  to  avoid  breaking working code
whenever possible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Defaults are wonderful, just like fire.
                  - Larry Wall in <1996Mar6.004121.27890 at netlabs.com>