[U-Boot-Users] [OT] Reconvert a BDI-2000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 24 13:44:05 CET 2003

In message <5.1.1.6.0.20030324131517.02f56d00 at dns.struinfo.it> you wrote:
> Excuse me if this is clearly an off-topic matter, but sicnce a lot of
> readers of this ML use the BDI2000, I think this can question can be useful
> for many people.
> Let's say I have two BDI2000s:
> 1) BDI2000 with bdiGDB for PowerPC 4xx targets
> 2) BDI2000 with bdiGDB for ARM7/9 for ARM7/9 target
>
> If I want to reconvert the second BDI200 to PowerPC targets too, is it
> possible to reprogram it with the firmware I have already purchased with
> the first one? Anybody did it?

Technically this is possible; you can install any fimware version  on
your BDI.

But you cannot do it because it is illegal. You will have  to  buy  a
second  software  license  for  the  PPC version first before you are
allowed to install it on a second BDI2000.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Horses just naturally have mohawk haircuts.