[U-Boot-Users] CFG_LOaD_ADDR and TEXT_BASE???

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 20:35:45 CET 2003

In message <3E80A2E6.60507 at gmx.de> you wrote:

> i have a question for u-boot. what exactly describes the definition
> CFG_LOAD_ADDR? What load adress is it? For the kernel or for u-boot

It's the default value for the "loadaddr"environment variable. It has
nothing to do with the relocation of U-Boot to RAM.

> relocated in RAM? And in the board-specific file config.mk, what exactly
> describes TEXT_BASE?

It's the address where the text segment of your image will start.  In
other  words,  TEXT_BASE+0x100 is typically the reset entry point for
your system. See cpu/*/start.S

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Who is the oldest inhabitant of this village?"
"We haven't got one; we had one, but he died three weeks ago."