[U-Boot-Users] [patch 1/1] DNP1110

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 20:54:16 CET 2003

Hi Marius,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.52.0303211228070.1040 at mag.devdep.sysgo.de> you wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Robert Schwebel wrote:
>
> > I suppose we should fix the incorrect memory map for ARM, which was
> > different in ARMboot than in u-boot. I have a patch for pxa, but it has
> > to be reworked as Wolfgang had some objections.
>
> Which one of those patches was that exactly? I'm not quite sure what
> your mean by "incorrect memory map for ARM", since this is usually a
> board specific issue, so I'd like to check that patch of yours first.

I think Robert refers to the fact that the memory map  as  documented
in the "Memory Management" section of the README is not valid for ARM
(malloc area etc are not below but above the U-Boot code, etc.).

There are other issues as well, as the fact that the code gets copied
to a fixed address instead of being relocated to the end of RAM.

I think we will fix this in our next ARM based project.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Schedules:
        The first ninety percent of the task takes ninety percent of
the time, and the last ten percent takes the other ninety percent.