[U-Boot-Users] Memory map on ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 31 13:40:28 CEST 2003

In message <20030331112655.GV7702 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:
> I would really love to see the memory map problem on ARM being fixed
> before Wolfgang makes a new release. The problem is that ARMboot had the

This will not happen. I will release soon, and I will  not  introduce
any bigger architectural changes before.

> malloc area above the relocated bootloader, u-boot has it below.
>
> I have fixed this for my two PXA250 board (CSB226, Innokom) and I have a
> patch for lib_arm/board.c which was rejected by Wolfgang in.

Only because if did not address the whole problem. To  do  it  right,
the  whole  relocation  to  RAM  part  has  to be redone, taking into
account variable RAM sizes.

> IMHO the correct thing to do is to fix the other ARM boards to use the
> correct memory map. Wolfgang, what is your position?

See above.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The connection between the language in which we think/program and the
problems and solutions we can imagine is very close. For this  reason
restricting  language  features  with  the intent of eliminating pro-
grammer errors is at best dangerous.
               - Bjarne Stroustrup in "The  C++ Programming Language"