[U-Boot-Users] Memory map on ARM

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Mon Mar 31 14:52:09 CEST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 02:33:12PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Would you accept a patch with board configuration dependend code for
> > board.c as a workaround solution, just to make the boards work with the
> > release?
>
> The patch I've seen before?

The only thing I did is to change

	mem_malloc_init (_armboot_real_end);

into
	mem_malloc_init(_armboot_start - CFG_MALLOC_LEN);

in board.c. Everything else is ok, at least for my ports I don't have do
do other changes.

> But this does only re-order the position of some memory  areas.  This
> should  have zero impact on the functioning or non-functioning of the
> code at all.

I relocate u-boot to the top of RAM as recommended in the readme, which
means that it breaks if mem_malloc_init() wants to initialize the malloc
are above _armboot_real_end.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4