[U-Boot-Users] about the system clock config

wang cheng wangcheng at rails.com.cn
Sat Nov 1 16:32:06 CET 2003

Dear Wolfgang Denk:
    I have configed my WindRiver mdppro8xx board

according to the  TQM8xxL module.The outcome is :
________________
U-Boot 0.4.8 (Oct 31 2003 - 15:47:15)

gd->cpu_clk=25000000
immr=0xff002101
pvr=0x500000
CPU:   XPC823xxZTnnB2 at 25 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB

D-Cache
Board: WindRiver mdppro8xx
DRAM:  16 MB
before relocate_code()
----------------
Now I want to set my system clock to 50MHz.

In the TQM8XXL.h there are clauses like these:
__________________
"#if   defined(CONFIG_80MHz)
 #elif defined(CONFIG_66MHz)
 #else		/*   50 MHz */
 ........."
------------------
 so I added these:#define CONFIG_80/66/50MHz,but the

outcome are still :
________________
CPU:   XPC823xxZTnnB2 at 25 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB

D-Cache
----------------
Why  did my #define CONFIG_80/66/50MHz not work?
The gd->cpu_clk is evaluated in cpu/mpc8xx/speed.c by

gd->cpu_clk = measure_gclk();but the function

measure_gclk() seems have nothing to do with my

board.h,right? So where to modify my system clock to

50MHz?:-)

I have a vxWorks BSP of my WindRiver MDP8xx pro

board.Everything is OK in vxWorks enviroment,now I

want to run linux on it so the first thing is to port

 u-boot to it.I have modified the system_clock

registers like SCCR/PLPRCR according to the romINIT.s

in vxworks bsp,but there are nothing outcome in the

hyperteminal.