[U-Boot-Users] Boot from Compact Flash

Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Tue Nov 18 21:02:06 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Thomas Lange wrote:

> There seems to be a hw problem with the au1x00 series and
> pcmcia ( as you can see from the comment you attached ).
>
> I have reported this to AMD and they are "looking into it".
>
> This affects all data read/written from/to CF. For workaround
> see board/dbau1x00/README

Hmm, I thought maybe it would be easier to have u-boot swap the bytes, so
I modified cmd_ide.c to use the input_swap_data function as if it were
running in big endian mode.  But then I get linker errors:

common/libcommon.a(cmd_ide.o): In function `input_swap_data':
/home/eokerson/AMD/u-boot-1.0.0/common/cmd_ide.c(.text+0x1194): undefined
reference to `ld_le16'
/home/eokerson/AMD/u-boot-1.0.0/common/cmd_ide.c(.text+0x11b0): undefined
reference to `ld_le16'
make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

Any idea where to find ld_le16()?

> I have only used au1000 in big endian mode, so I cannot tell
> what happens in little.

Well, now we know!

Ed