[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot code checksum?

Ted Schmitz ted.schmitz at qlogic.com
Tue Nov 25 16:14:36 CET 2003

Does the U-Boot code generate and check a
checksum or CRC on itself?  I see code to verify
CRC checksums on images that U-Boot loads into
memory, but I do not see any code that checks the
U-Boot image itself.

If there is a function that checks the U-Boot CRC or
checksum, could someone point it out to me?

We burn the U-Boot code into a boot PROM and I need
some way of verifying the boot PROM was burned correctly
when the system powers up.  I've written checksum generation
and verification utilities in the past but would
prefer to use the utilities that come with U-Boot if
they exist.

Thank you,

Ted Schmitz
Staff Engineer