[U-Boot-Users] [patch] MicroBlaze port of U-Boot

Yasushi SHOJI yashi at atmark-techno.com
Wed Apr 7 13:19:20 CEST 2004

Hi Stephan,

At Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:09:05 +0200,
Stephan Linz wrote:

> Am Dienstag,  6. April 2004 21:40 schrieb Yasushi SHOJI:
> > Here is a patch against the current CVS for microblaze port of
> > u-boot. I does nothing but boot itself, but this can be a start.
> >
> > Suggestions, thoughts, and comments are welcome, of course.
[...]
> Looks nice - two hints/annotations:
>
> 1.) You should avoid the serial_init() & main_loop() calls inside your
> board_init() function. I think it's an unclean U-Boot coding style. The right
> place would be in lib_microblaze/board.c functions board_init_[rf]() or
> board_init() for targets without Flash/RAM abstraction (like Nios).
> Why do you do so?

That's my mistake.  Thank you for pointing out.

> 2.) As far as I can remember the Microblaze CPU is the Soft CPU by Xilinx
> like Nios by Altera. So the core will be very very flexible and have to be
> configurable. Have a look at the differen Nios targets and let you inspire to
> map your specific CPU configuration into the U-Boot configuration managment.

I've had noticed that NIOS support is there but I'm still tring to
grasp what is needed and how it works.

I'll dig into the list archive and read some more documents.

# pointers are always welcome ;)

anyway, here is the incremental patch to move board_init() to
lib_microblaze/board.c.

best regards,
--
           yashi