[U-Boot-Users] -mrelocatable

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 7 22:47:55 CEST 2004

In message <2A79E2756786D31182670000D11BFFBCC3405C at matrix2.thalescomputers.com> you wrote:

> I'm currently upgrading a custom PPCBoot 1.1.5 port to U-Boot 1.0.0 for a
> custom 405GP-based board.  At the same time, I thought it would be a good
> idea to upgrade my development system to SuSE 9.0 and tool chain to ELDK
> 3.0.
>
> When I build U-Boot I get the following error when zlib.c is being compiled:

This is a FAQ. Please see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/RelocationCannotBeDoneWhenUsingMrelocatable

> After doing a couple of quick Google searches, it appears that there might
> be some sort of bug in GCC.  Does anyone know what the solution to this

This is NOT a GCC bug, it is an  incompatibility  witholder  versions
which has been fixed in current versions of U-Boot.

> problem is?

The problem is your version of U-boot: it's too old.

> I can build without the -mrelocatable flag.  The board boots up but when
> it's time to run from RAM it crashes, probably because the resulting code is
> not relocatable.

Indeed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.