[U-Boot-Users] Regarding Toolchain used for Compilation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 9 21:44:03 CEST 2004

In message <200408071913.27574.v.sudhakar at gdatech.co.in> you wrote:

> ' Failing' means im not able to get any output on serial console.

Then attach a debugger and debug the problem.

> Compilation is successful but after flashing im not able to boot the board
> [MPC8540 based board]
>
> Thats why i asked the ques..

Well, this can be anything. A misconfiguration, bad jumper  settings,
unexpected memory configuration, hardware problems - anything.

> I'm new to U-boot and if some questions seems to be silly i apologize for
> that.

Go on like you would do with any other piece of software: there is  a
problem,  so  fire  up  the debugger and find out what's going wrong.
Then think about a solution.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
                                                   - Arthur C. Clarke