[U-Boot-Users] u-boot environment variable setting: "console=ttyCPM0"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 11 17:07:49 CEST 2004

In message <loom.20040811T155849-717 at post.gmane.org> you wrote:

> I was recommended to use u-boot environment variable setting: "console=ttyCPM0"
> for loading linux-2.6.8-rc2 uImage (by u-boot) on to PQ2 ADS (with MPC 8270 on
> it). Could anyone knowledgeable ellaborate on usage of it for above described
> configuration ?

Did you read the documentation, especially the DULG and it's  section
about  U-Boot's  environment  variables and passing boot arguments to
the Linux kernel?

Actually your question has not much to do with U-Boot but  more  with
the  Linux kernel's boot arguments. You should probably start reading
Documentation/serial-console.txt and "man bootparam".

> What version of u-boot supports this setting ?

All versions do.

> What baud rate value I should add to this setting, if I want to use
> Hyperterminal serial connection ( over USB) to the board ?

What makes you think we could know which baudrate you  are  using  on
your system?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.
                                      -- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875