[U-Boot-Users] decoding 'program check exception trap'

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 17 12:24:44 CEST 2004

In message <877aabc404081701367e56aceb at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > What has serial_getc() to do with that? Are you just  mis-using  this
> > function for your purpooses? Why do you use such a dirty hack instead
> > of simply using one of the clean ways to do this (like implementing a
> > custom command and calling this preboot command.
>
> Yeah, I'm just mis-using it. I basically just want to know why writing
> something through PCI won't show up properly. I'll convert this into
> some commands if there really is need for me to do it.

You're just adding complexity where it is not necessary. Keep  things
simple.

> Yes. I know all the right infrastructure is in place, thanks for the
> great modularity..

Then USE it.

> Yes, I get your point. Actually, thanks for being so bullish about it,
> I'll now just clean up the code and put in some commands there :-)

Fine :-)

> Uh, actually, I tried both the approaches. Autoboot with 'go 0x40004'.

Remember that "go" expects a standalone application or something that
will take over control completely.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I can type faster than I can move a  mouse,  so  I  find  menu-driven
drawing packages time consuming and frustrating.      - W. R. Stevens